rack mountable case for Via motherboards

  • To: "Home automation" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: rack mountable case for Via motherboards
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 14:26:04 +0100

I just bought small 1u rack mountable case from www.acmetech.co.uk for
=A3125+VAT.=20
That price includes slim CD connector adapter, PCI riser card for VIA
motherboard, USB internal cables for connecting to the front of the case
and sliders for sliding case out of the rack. The build is very solid.
Basically it's this case:
http://linitx.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=3D8
<http://linitx.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=3D8&products_id=3D129>
&products_id=3D129.

It's very solid and heavy for that size.=20
The main advantage is that it can fit into small, wall mounted rack
cabinets, which are not as deep as the normal ones.=20

Also, I was told that I can fit two 3.5" HDDs, which I plan to mirror
and use this as my file server.
I will let you know how it progresses.

They are UK branch of Taiwanese company and have really wide choice of
cases. They are willing to apply discount on larger orders (but I don't
think it would be substantial), so maybe BB?

They are in Park Royal Industrial Estate and I visited them to collect
mine.

Cheers,

Nik