Re: Re: UKHA2003 - key learnings?

> I've no idea whether or not there was an introductory session on the
> Saturday,

A brief one.

> but from someone who only attended on Sunday (and who
> unfortunately arrived when Wendy was not on the door) it was not
> clear what was going on and where.

The schedule of demos was available on the website late on the previous
Thursday.  There was a 3 page document for everyone arriving that included
this rota too.

> I would also suggest that the static demonstrations are moved out of
> any presentation rooms

We will be doing that next time.

>, as being nearer the back of the seating meant
> that some of the conversations going on by the static displays
> interfered with the main speaker.

Actually I was very please that this wasn't a problem the entire weekend
(bar one demo on the Sunday).  But like I said above, this will not be an
issue next time.

> I think including details of who was running static displays and
> where would have been useful too.

OK, yes, in a perfect world.  But as we were at pains to say, this was NOT
the ideal home exhibition.  It was our first time outside of a pub!  Can't
see us getting to the level of maps of layouts even next year.  We were
still adding statics and presentations to the timetable on Saturday
morning.

> I should also add that as a late entrant to the event, I did not
> receive the welcome pack beforehand, which may have made things
> clearer (and I don't think this was available online in advance which
> may again have helped).

So basically you were disorganised and didn't book early enough :)

> However, once I had chatted with a few people and understood the
> arrangements, a good day was had.

Glad to hear it.

Thanks for your comments.

M.