From: Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) [mailto:haweste@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 12:53 PM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Jog Dial - where can I buy ?

Patrick,

Did you develop you own decoding circuit, or buy something ready made ? One
of Dave's links included a circuit diagram, but if you've already developed
one and interfaced it to a PC, that may be the quicker route for me.

Cheers,

Tim H.

back
> lit. CPC don't seem to sell them and googling only turned up products
> *with* jog dials.
> >

> Jog dials rule! I've not been able to find one with the push-select
> action. The rotary bit is easy enough - look for rotary encoders or
> digital rotary encoders. Farnell do a simple rotary encoder which
> outputs a dual pulse train which is phased depending on direction on
> speed of rotation for about three quid. I made do with a separate
> push button for the select action immediately below the jog dial.
>
> Patrick

+

** UKHA2004 BE THERE! ** - start planning now.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx