From: Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 9:04 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Jog Dial - where can I buy ?

I hadn't actaully, but not a bad idea !

> The overall problem with using a touch screen in an automotive=20
> environment is that you have to look at the display to position
your=20
> finger, whereas buttons and knobs can be operated just by feel,=20
> which, with a well structured menu hierarchy and some form of audio=20
> feedback, makes for much safer operation IMO.
>=20
> Patrick

Much safer, agreed. The positioning of the screen is one of the things I'=
m, wrestling with ATM. There's loads of space & possible mounting
places lo=
w down in the car, but that's not really the best place to put something
yo=
u need to look at !

Cheers,

Tim H.