Re: Jog Dial - where can I buy ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Jog Dial - where can I buy ?
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 07:54:47 -0000

> The alternative to a jog dial etc. would be a nice cheap
touchscreen :-) The Proface sounds interesting - I make it around GBP
400. CPC (and others) do non-touch TFT monitors for GBP 200-300
intended for portable DVD players etc. so if the Proface is cased,
and input-signal ready, it doesn't sound too bad.

If you want a touchscreen, have you thought about using a pronto for
the basic touch screen functionality? No realtime display feedback
possible of course.

The overall problem with using a touch screen in an automotive
environment is that you have to look at the display to position your
finger, whereas buttons and knobs can be operated just by feel,
which, with a well structured menu hierarchy and some form of audio
feedback, makes for much safer operation IMO.

Patrick