From: Mark Hallows [mailto:markhallows@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 May 2003 14:31
To: 'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Soundbug

When we designed soundbug it was as a LOW-FI gimmick using a
state-of-the-art technology not previously used outside of the
military/space industry.... Primarily it was designed with kids and their
walkmans in mind but unfortunately the client advertised it as Hi-Fi and
all
the gadget mags slated the performance but loved the idea...

I am not a retailer or the manufacturer so we recieve no commision or
anything else, our job finished at the prototype...Just clearing that up...

It is stacks of fun and as you will find if you get one, well made
indeed...
Using it to enhance the poor speaker quality of a PDA for voice Nav is an
ideal and very practical application of 'Soundbug' sticking it to the bath
isn't but I am intrigued so will try this evening.. :-)))

The Omnivox is indeed better but given the production cost target we were
given thats no surprise... with a ?200 target we would have done a lot
better than the FEOnic (please allow for a little trumpet blowing.. :-)) I
think you'll agree that they are stacks of fun if you buy them in the right
frame of mind..

Enjoy... or don't :-)

Mark Hallows
Senior Systems Analyst

Pankhurst Design and Development Ltd
85-87 Richford St
London W6 7HJ
Tel:  +44(0)20 8735 1111
Fax  +44(0)20 8735 1122
mailto:MarkHallows@xxxxxxx <mailto:MarkHallows@xxxxxxx>
http://www.pdd.co.uk <http://www.pdd.co.uk/>

This e-mail is private and confidential and is intended solely for the
person it is addressed to. Any disclosure, distribution, copying or
printing, or use of the information contained herein for whatever purpose
by
anyone other than the recipient is prohibited and legal action may be taken
as a result.