Re: Re: Demos - BB

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Re: Demos - BB
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:36:58 +0100

Well, we got our second ISDN line in yesterday, and a good chat with the BT
Engineer produced a deeply cynical response, which I was pretty much
assured
was "the way it is"...

Me: "so, whats stopping Holytown from getting broadband then?"
BT: "no-one with a mate high up in BT lives here"
Me: "seriously?"
BT: "that's what happened in Halfway, Airdrie, and Govan"

which makes your blood boil.

Many people who are fortunate enough to be in an enabled area seem to have
this "you must live in the boonies" mindset about the rest of the
country.
It's unfortunately not that simple:

My exchange serves several industrial parks, about fourteen thousand homes,
and is only 12 miles from Glasgow city centre.

Halfway on the other hand, is a greasy little spot on the road with a lot
of
farms, and a 1960s sprawl with a couple of hundred homes.

I.