Rio receivers, tRio hack & Streamsicle

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Rio receivers, tRio hack & Streamsicle
  • From: "Nick Towers" <nickt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:11:28 -0000

Have been experimenting with using Streamsicle
(http://streamsicle.com) for Rio web
based playlist
generation/control since seeing a thread on a Rio discussion board.
Looks like a cool application. Worth checking out.
Have also implemented the tRio hack
(http://triot.sourceforge.net/index.htm)
which handles streaming &
Shoutcast radio streams.
The thread I saw reckoned Streamsicle produced a Shoutcast stream
hence could be treated by tRio as a pseudo radio station, enabling
control of MP3's to be played by the Rio from the (Streamsicle) web
application, in my case on a Fuji. But cannot get the tRio software
to recognise the Streamsicle stream. Has anyone played with
Streamsicle who can help? Allegedly uses port 4711, so in my case was
trying http://192.168.0.2:4711 but
alas not succeeding.
Any ideas?
Nick