[OT] Virus Scanner / Firewall Buying Advice

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] Virus Scanner / Firewall Buying Advice
  • From: "eBiz Retail" <email@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:56:19 +0100

Sorry for the slightly OT post.

My current copy of Norton Internet Security 2002 is telling me it is
about to expire and I should renew / upgrade to continue receiving
updates.

I've had a quick look at the 2003 version and can't see any appreciable
differences so don't see the point in upgrading and =A317.53 to renew my
automatic updates for another year seems like good value in comparison.

My only concern is with the firewall - when I used Zone Alarm and Black
Ice in the past they would warn me of numerous attempts to access my PC
every day.  Although I've played around with the very limited settings
in Norton's firewall it never tells me anything!

Question is what does everyone else use / think?
Must run on a Win 2K Pro box and not a dedicated / Linux firewall!

Cheers,

Anto.