From: Dean Barrett [mailto:dean@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 July 2003 15:22
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Mobile phone help

Hope someone can help

This is totally legit !!

One of my partners at works son bought a phone of a mate - he has now
sold it on Ebay - purchaser was very happy but has now contacted him to
say its blacklisted, and will not function.

Is this true or is he trying to get his money back.

I've not come across this personally - I thought that if a phone was
stolen it became untraceable. If they are blacklistable shouldn't this
immediately stop phone thefts ??

Any advice appreciated, his son is getting worried he might be called a
thief.

Dean.