Re: anyone selling a webpad ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: anyone selling a webpad ?
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:27:25 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Whyte <lists@f...> wrote:
> Graham,
>=20
> If I remember rightly, ePods run on WinCE.  If so, is it possible=20
to uprade
> to Pocket PC??

They can't do Pocket PC, just WinCE 2 and even then it is only a=20
partial version (no outlook, excel, powerpoint). But for a webpad I=20
still reckon there is nothing to touch them for certain applications.=20
They are of course instant on and have pcmcia, cf and usb slots.

If you have something providing Terminal Services connection (2K=20
Server or XP Pro) then you really can't complain about the speed. Of=20
course the resolution of 640 x 480 is pretty poor compared to a=20
laptop, but it is excellent compared to a PDA!

Baring in mind I first got these things over 2 years ago, it seems=20
amazing that there is still no real alternative, most other 'webpads'=20
seem to require booting and all PDA's have tiny screens.

>=20
> I may be interested when you decide to sell.
>=20

I have decided to sell, quite simply I don't have time to work on=20
the 'total solution' for which these are a part, so there is no point=20
in me having them all gathering dust. I have 5, so if I sell a couple=20
then perhaps by the time I get round to actually needing them there=20
will be another alternative.

However, be warned, I am not desparate to sell and would rather keep=20
the units than part with them for what I consider to be a low price.=20
I would almost certainly require =A3200 for each of them. Of course=20
they will come pre-installed with my version of the hack which comes=20
on a CF card and includes several applications and built in support=20
for Orinoco wireless cards.