RE: RGB to Component. Ohh Eck.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RGB to Component. Ohh Eck.
  • From: "Paul" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:59:34 +0100

Rob, are you sure a scaler will do anything for you picture???  I believe
the plasma already has good circuitry and that scalers etc were mainly for
use on projectors etc.

I'd be interested if it does improve the picture though :-)

I can't remember if you went for the Panasonic or Pioneer (or other)
plasma? I've got the series 5 50" Panasonic and feed it with Sky+ RGB
out - through RGB Kat5 - through a JS RGB to YUV converter - through my YUV
switching amp (Onkyo) - into the plasma YUV input. Picture is excellent
(not tried direct RGB though, as I wanted the switching capability of my
amp - also got YUV DVD player).

Paul.