Re: Distributing SVGA

I'll expand slightly just so someone can tell me if I lost the plot.

I have already run dual coax and multiple cat5 to most places I can
think of, but I am intending to have the following screens.

Main TV front of living room
Projector unit in Living room.
Secondary Flat LCD in Living room.

Second TV in Bedroom.

Flat LCD in Stud wall facing Kitchen
Flat LCD in stud wall facing Bathroom
2+ LCD's in garage / office.

It is a small terraced row conversion so I don't have hundreds of
rooms.

I have been looking at myHTPC to be the front end for my music /
video and other simplified front end programs via remote or touch
screen, so it is likely that all this will come from one or maybe two
media servers. Seems myHTPC will service most of my needs almost out
of the box, free as well ;-)

I would of thought it silly for me to send a normal S-Video signal
round the house when I am going to be displaying on SVGA flat panels
most of the time, so I want to be sure I put the right cables in now.

Anyone know of a good touch screen solution that I can use in the
bathroom and kitchen, on the transparent window I will place in front
of the screen in the stud wall?

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@a...>
wrote:
> Erm, the requirement was SVGA, not S-Video :-(
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul" <groups@s...> wrote:
> > Or of course you could use Keith's Kat5 units - S-Video and
stereo
> audio run over a single piece of Cat5 cable. More expensive than
the
> coax option but less cable and maybe better quality depending on
> cable length?
> >
> > Paul.

DB15