RE: OT : Ovens and Hobs

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT : Ovens and Hobs
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:02:11 +0100

Can't say I went as far as attending a cookery school but I did do
a *lot* of walking around stores and trawling the net before I decided
on the Stoves 1200fda range cooker- 7 burners + dual ovens.=20

Of everything we looked at (including Smeg) this seemed to have the=20
best build quality, and to my mind had the nicest styling by far. We=20
have a friend who had the Smeg range cooker and he wasn't very
impressed,=20
says its very easy to catch the control knobs when cooking. For me the=20
silly knobs with sticks on certainly detract from its styling. I can't=20
comment of how the STOVES "handles" since its only just been
delivered=20
and isn't even unwrapped yet!

Regarding websites to purchase from.. www.direct-electricals.co.uk was
certainly amongst the cheapest but when given the chance to quote against
a couple of other sites they declined to price match even though the have
a price match (and beat by 10% of the difference) guarantee.=20

In the end I ordered from the following (cheapest) sites :

Stoves 1200fda Cooker + backsplash + proCookerHood =3D =A31995 inc VAT and
=
P&P
www.cookersetc.co.uk

Whirlpool ST20TSB21 American fridge - Black HiGloss Doors =3D =A31137 inc
V=
AT & PP
www.homeelectrical.co.uk

Marcus