Re: OT: UK Internet based computer shops

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chad Frary" <chad.frary@xxxxxxx>

> Has anyone had any dealings with Internet based computer shops in the
> UK, which have good prices?
>
> My current list follows :-
>
> Scan

Charge £10 shipping for all orders, so they are OK for big orders, but not
great
for small ones. There are plenty of people who suggest that the last letter
of
their name should be an 'm' though. The couple of times I've used them,
they've
been OK.

> Ebuyer

A mate of mine bought the parts to make a whole PC. The cpu was missing
from the
package. Ebuyer insisted on creating a duplicate order, weighing it,
comparing
that weight to the box that was sent to him, and then suggesting that as
the
weights are the same, he must have received it! He did get the cpu in the
end,
albeit with a bent pin.

I've used them a few times and haven't had any need to use their customer
service department, so no complaints.

> Komplett

Used them a few times. No cause for complaint whatsoever.

> Simply

Ordered a 120GB WD drive from them on a special offer (originally got the
info
>from
found out they'd sent the cheaper version, I complained and they said
they'd
been unable to source the 8MB version. In the end it was agreed that they'd
give
me a £20 rebate rather than the hassle of me having to buy elsewhere,
transfer
all my data, send the drive back, etc (I'd bought the drive as a
replacement for
a failing disk). I was unhappy that they'd known that what they sent me
wasn't
what they advertised, but they'd made no effort to let me know that.

Despite many promises that the refund had been passed to the account dept
for
processing, it took many emails before it was finally credited to my card.
It
was over 3 1/2 months after I first complained and over 3 months after they
first said that the refund had been processed before I finally received it.
:-(

I won't be using them again.