Re: Re: High Tech Fire Register

Stuart,

You mean your employees arn't "chipped" ?

Seriously though Ibuttons may be the way to go, infact if I recall
correctly in the Greenweld catalogue in Everyday Electronics there were
cheap IBUTTON items.

Alternativly RFID may solve your problems, by removing the need for
physical contact again such items appear in the greenwld catalog.

Cheers

Stuart

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 12:26, Keith Doxey wrote:
> Sounds like a job for a PIC chip, EEPROM, LCD Display and some
> iButtons (or a keypad if you want it to be cheap)....
>
> ... oh yes, and a little bit of code written using Pic Basic Pro or
> Assembler.
>
> Include an RTC chip and you can also log the times that people enter
> or leave the building and you could also interface it by RS232 to
> extract information to do with as you want.
>
> Keith
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@s...> wrote:
> > On Friday 18 July 2003 07:25, Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) wrote:
> > > Stuart,
> > >
> > > Could you print a copy every time the occupancy changes i.e.
> someone enters
> > > or leaves the building, then you only have to *pick up* the
> register
>

> > nah, it's supposed to be a paperless office, that would never get
> accepted.
> >
> > > Failing that, an "in/out" board - how many people
are involved ?