RE: OT : Ovens and Hobs

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT : Ovens and Hobs
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:54:56 +0100

> We have just moved house! and I am going to put a new kitchen in and
we
> are looking for a good built in double oven and hob unit. we have been
> looking at Smeg. Is Smeg any good and does anyone else have any other
> brands we should look at?

I rate Smeg Ben, but then I would since we're service agents for them!

The hobs are generally very good with little to no issues at all other than
the odd duff thermocouple, which can happen to any of them that have them
fitted.

Double ovens, I think from memory, we've done one call in the past year and
it was a timer failure, which is pretty damned good going. Even with that
one I sent a report to Smeg advising of the failure and they changed it
without any quibbles due to the nature of the failure and there aren't a
lot
of manufacturers out there that are that helpful to customers.

Kuppersbusch aren't bad either but a bit more pricey. Many of the other
brands are over-priced cr4p in a lot of ways and best avoided, ask in the
forums on ukwhitegoods and the guys will advise from their experiences on
virtually any brand.

HTH

K.