Re: [big time OT] Anyone been to Portugal?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [big time OT] Anyone been to Portugal?
  • From: Martin Greenwood <martin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:24:06 +0100

At 09:00 16/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Looking to go there on a last minute break =AD anyone been there and
can=20
>recommend any particular areas to visit/stay?

We go most years to different parts of the Algarve.
A very rough rule is that the further away along the coast from Faro=20
airport, the less developed it is (but also the quieter it becomes)
Depends=
=20
on what you want...
As Pedro says it is a bit English (and German) but food/sea/people etc are=
=20
great.

We stayed near Carvoeiro this May and it wasn't busy and it was hot enough=
=20
for us (25C)
Eight different beaches within a few miles.
Restaurants + bars, but not high rise developments.

http://www.carvoeiro.com/Beaches/Beaches.htm

Martin