RE: Humming amps :(

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Humming amps :(
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 14:44:07 +0100

Quoting Tony Butler....

"After all, amps have been in same cupboard, on 24/7 for 3 yrs now
without incident."

3*24*365 = 26280 HRS

Mr. Average would probably use them for 4 hours per day maximum so that
amount of useage would equate to about 18 years of "normal" use.

The fact they all ran at elevated temperatures will also dramatically
reduce
the working life. Heat is the worst enemy of electronics.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv