[OT] Trying to source: Motherboard connectors...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] Trying to source: Motherboard connectors...
  • From: "Adam Stevens" <adam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:51:49 +0100

I've spent the last week attempted to get hold of some (eg > 30)
motherboard connectors...

I don't know what they're called, but they're those little black plastic
connectors which are used to connect the speaker, or LEDs (or
"turbo"
switches, if we're really going back in time!) to the motherboard.

I'm after about 30(ish) 3-way ones, either with the three wires
pre-attached, or ones which allow me to attach wires reasonably easily.
I've popped down to my local Maplins without luck, and been told by
another local electronic shop that you can't get hold of them
individually (I've got no reason to doubt this, but thought it was worth
a post here anyway!).

I've also looked on the RS web site, but without knowing what they're
called, they're difficult to find! - After a few hours of browsing
though, I'm about 95% sure RS don't sell them.

I've managed to scrounge about 4 or 5 from old PC cases(!), but I really
need a bunch of them (specifically as well, they must be 3-way ones,
which makes finding ones in cases a little tricky - It appears that
pre-wired 3-ways were only used for Turbo switches).

Any ideas anyone?! (I'm obviously not using these for a PC BTW, it's
just that they're exactly the right size for my needs!).

TIA,
A.

---
HA Site: http://www.the-firs.org/