X10 appliance modules

I've put two AD10's down the bottom of the garden last weekend. They seemed
to work at first, but now they don't!!
Before investigating, what is typical max distance for transmission of X10
signals?
This is something I hadn't considered before. The garden isn't huge so
modules are probably 25-30m from the X10 transmitter.
Other modules in house and garden are 100% reliable.
I guess the oomph of the transmitter (TM13 in this case) is the important
factor.
I will try moving the TM13 and also using a CM12 to see what happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Martin