Re: BEWARE! attempted Paypal fraud..

Ian Lowe wrote:

> I just received an email allegedly from service@xxxxxxx with a login
page
> to "update my details".
>
> needless to say, viewing the message source showed a form submitting
the
> username and password to a yahoo mailbox, but the message was *very*
similar
> to the "you have money waiting to be collected" messages
paypal send out..

> perpetual vigilance is needed, it seems..

These are all to common I'm afraid, but as long as there are users that
will
click yes to install crap like "Time and date synchroniser signed by
gator
corporation" there will be people that are dumb enough to fall for
these emails.

I really think that paypal should throw some serious money towards going
after
these people, They are using there trademarks without permission etc.

Of cource, paypal could start digitally signing all there messages that
they
send out to people, but that would be too easy...