RE: Re: In-ceiling amplifiers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: In-ceiling amplifiers
  • From: <ha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:17:54 +0100

Shane,

So basically it's a 4 source 3 zone controller/amp. A bit like the 4x4 ones
>from

I still am wondering about an 'in-ceiling' type thing that could help out
all these people who are putting Slimp3s around their houses (in ceiling
meaning: placed next to a ceiling speaker so that for maintenance you would
remove the speaker, and feel into the void for the amp). The main point to
then solve would  be how to neatly get some power and signal from 'inside'
the room where the Slimp3 player is, to the ceiling void. My only half
sensible idea so far is to use CAT5 cable so either RJ45 connection plates
and an external 'box' for signal and power input at the back of the slimp3,
....or.... a single gang electrical plate thing with DC-in socket in from
a=
external PSU,  and a couple of phonos for audio input.

Any comments anyone? Level control on it? IR or something else? or just a
straight dumb stereo 20w amp.

Sorry for all the 'market research'.

Regards,

Richard