Re: eBay fraud contact number ??

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@u...> wrote:
> I am aware of a 'fraud in progress' on eBay for several =A3'000s -=20
does anyone
> have a contact number for eBay (pref UK) where I can report this ? -
I have
> used their online reporting yesterday but of course have heard=20
nothing !
>=20
> 	Kevin

Not quite the same, but pretty close: my PayPal account was hacked=20
into about 2 months ago now, with some nice person withdrawing 1400=20
quid from my account. That caused some me some stress, I can tell you!

The woman in the Paypal fraud department was a little too casual for=20
my liking though, said there was enough of it going on to keep an=20
office-load of people in jobs.... Secure or what? :-\

Having spoken to the police, they didn't want to know, as the offence=20
actually occured in the US.

Paypal did put a stop on the transaction, but there was a $50 (or=20
similar) charge for this service! Later dealings with my bank, they=20
recommended a complete reversal of the transaction, saving me the=20
charge from Paypal.

But, I think it's all sorted now, whether or not I'll hear anything=20
further from either the Paypal fraud department or even from my bank=20
remains to be seen. My bank has refunded the money directly and my=20
Paypal account has a block on it, that I'll not bother to reopen or=20
attempt to cancel it though, because I'll incur that charge=20
again.....=20

My only word of advice now is to be ultra-careful with your online=20
money dealings, I know you all are though. All the usual warnings:
- change passwords regularly
- don't use the same passwords in more than one place
- only deal with reputable/known companies or individuals
etc.

Steve