RE: Re: In-ceiling amplifiers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: In-ceiling amplifiers
  • From: <ha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:28:07 +0100

What about the power input? If it's going to be a ceiling void job (which
probably means you can't use a Richer Sounds job) , then most people don't
have mains hanging around too conveniently (or is there some sneaky way of
accessing the lighting circuit?). I suppose you'll be installing new
cabling
for the audio inputs to the amp anyway, so maybe an extra cable from a
'wall
wart' PSU to the unit might not be too bad?

What about a CAT5 to the ceiling for balanced audio input and power, and an
'input box' for phonos and 12v connections near the SliMP3?