Re: Text messaging from web url

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Text messaging from web url
  • From: "Alex Kinch" <alex@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:54:55 +0100

Right then..

It's all up and running if anyone fancies a test. I will write some proper
documentation, but here's the deal.

You need to sign up for a free account at www.sendmytxt.com. This service
sends messages from a web interface to a mobile number using your number as
the sender. Once you've put in your details, it'll send you a pin number to
your mobile, which you'll need to use with this app. BTW it's 6p a text inc
VAT, which IMHO isn't bad :-)

The URL is http://www.sendmytxt.com/app/httpsend.asp

Parameters are:

from: the mobile number you signed up with (UK format, eg 07123 456789)
to: where you want to send it
pin: the four digit pin number (see above)
message: what you want to send, max 128 characters

so for example...

http://www.sendmytxt.com/app/httpsend.asp?from=07123456789&to=07123456789&pin=1234&message=hello%20world

If your message was sent, you'll get a response of "ok".
Otherwise, it'll be
one of the following error numbers:

0: No from number or pin entered
-1: from number not a registered user
-2: incorrect pin
-3: account suspended
-4: insufficient credits
-5: message sending failed
-6: format of "to" number not recognised
-7: format of "from" number not recognised

IMPORTANT NOTE!! Credit/debit card top-up on the site is not live yet, so
if
you want to add more credits you can use the phone service or give me a
shout and I'll sort something out. Card processing should be live by
Friday.

Go forth and break it! Any feedback etc appreciated.

Alex