Re: Re: half-dead cm12

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:30:04 -0000, you wrote:

>I'm having simular problems,  I havent had any dodgy smells though.
>
>I find that when the CM12 has been used for about a week that it
>loses its sensitivity, IE it no longer hears X10 commands that are
>far away on the power line although stuff in the other half of a
>double socket it does hear. It will also still control stuff in the
>other socket but nothing else.  If I unplug the unit for a few hours
>it will recover and be fine again (at least for a week).  Almost as
>if its overheating?

This is exactly what happened to me and it was very, very hot. When my
last one packed up that was very, very hot too.

>For me I cant really live like this, as soon as my CM12 packs up all
>the schedules and triggers go out the window, motion sensor no longer
>do anything nor the keyfobs etc.

It's like a microwave, once you've had HA you can't live without it! I
know I was lost when my cm12 broke.

The only thing I wondered is could you have two plugged in, loaded
with the same data. if one falls over, the other one, hopefully will
still transmit.

Is this worthwhile?