1000th member!

Hi All,

Just signed up for this group - apparently I am the
1000 person to do so!  Any prizes for this ... ;-)

I am a 40 yr old software engineer living in
Edinburgh.  I have been thinking of installing
structured wiring for data and video to my flat for
some time now. However I never seemed to find the time
to do this.

I've just bought a new-build flat and now plan to
re-wire it before I move in (otherwise it will never
get done ;-)

My initial plans are:

cat5e and CT100 (or CT125?) to each room
Sky+ box and ADLS router in wiring closet
Video distribution using Kat5

I guess I also need to think about an alarm system as
well.  Then there is also home automation to consider
... I like the idea of the dawn/dusk sensor for lounge
curtains.

I hope to get the original electrician who wired the
flats to do the work.  All the wiring will have to go
thru the internal stud walls and behind skirting board
since I have a concrete floor with underfloor heating.

Any advice welcome,

Thanks,
Ian