Re: [OT] Backup Encryption

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Backup Encryption
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:35:47 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Alancc" <alan.cc@n...> wrote:
> Not totally OT as it does involve my HA server.
>
> I want to automatically copy about 200 meg from my office server to
the HA server at home during the night to create an off site backup,
some of the information is very sensitive so would have to be
encrypted, is there any software to make this task simple?

Assuming Windows...

Have a look at www.handybackup.com  It does encryption, and the
target server can be a share, a thing (like tape) or FTP.

I use it to back up stuff to a LinksSys EFG80, a hard disk appliance,
and it works a treat.