Re: Re: Major panic last night

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxx>

> Maybe you're lucky with your local police, but when you see our lot,
they
> generally don't seem to be bothered with stopping the minor things.
I'm
sure
> there's shed loads of good that they do, but perception and reality
aren't
> always the same :-)
>
> In this case, I would have thought that as the house owner reported it
> directly they should have at least driven past the door.

I probably am: our local police seemed fairly responsive when I reported
someone had tried to steal my motorbike, and offered to send someone round
to do a crime prevention inspection thing..

The thing for me with the whole alarm situation is.. at Maplin Glasgow, the
Asst manager Gavin (now a store manager down at St Enochs) was a good mate
with lots of the local police, and they formally asked us to add addendum
notes into the box with all the alarm panels we sold that had a "call
this
number" setting that people shouldn't set this to either 999, or the
local
police station: maplin added these nationwide because of this.

At the time (a good ten years ago now!) they were getting a good fifteen or
so calls from alarms *per day*

Ian.