From: "Paul" <groups@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 10:57 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Major panic last night

> Interesting - as you know Phil, I do use ZM. Didn't remember the WAP
bit
though. Is this in the standard setup options? And are there specifics docs
for this bit?

> Paul.

ZoneMinder
> is that you can access it from your phone and check the video feeds of
your
> monitors via WAP. It does assume you have a phone that will support
decent
> images though and needs more work to expand the range of phones that
are
> supported but I used it just the other day at a kids school 'do' to
check
> for a delivery I was expecting. I also had a false alarm on my Visonic
and
> while my work web was down could do at least a cursory check via my
phone
> that things were ok.
>
> It will also mail or sms you (via a mail->sms gateway) if an event
occurs
> and can attach a couple of images or a video to the email as well if
you
ask
> it to. The picture attachments only work if you have a phone that is
email
> capable though. I have yet to find a mail->mms gateway to try it
out on.
> </pseudo-plug>
>
> Phil,

I was
> > talking to Scott at UKHA 2003 and saying I thought that the
killer app
for
> > 3G phones would be to have a video feed or a picture via MMS
messaging
> (for
> > non 3G'ers) when your alarm goes off.
> >
> > Hopefully something they will consider implementing in the
future, it
> would
> > certainly encourage me to sign up.
> >

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=254369.3491130.4776571.1456760/D=egroupweb/S=17050419
92:HM/A=1627004/R=0/SIG=1301m0j0i/*http:/www.deere.com/en_US/homeowners/spec
ialoffers/0_0_0_yahoo.html?refsite=yahoo&banner=LREC> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=254369.3491130.4776571.1456760/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1627004/rand=191554340>

> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx