From: Dave McLaughlin [mailto:dave@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 June 2003 23:41
To: Ukha
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] Windows 98 scheduler

How do you disable the windows update scheduler under Win98?

My MP3 player in the kitchen is running Win98 on an embedded PC and it
keeps
my ISDN router online all the time because the scheduler starts up each
time
Windows is started. I have tried changing the options to only check for
updates every month but each time I save this and exit, it comes back up
with checking every 5 mins.

Aaaargh....

I can disable each time it starts up but this is a right pain.

I know how to do this in Win 2000 and XP but can not find a solution in
Win98. Even trying the option in the Advanced menu of the scheduler fails
change it after a reboot.

Dave...