[OT] Camcorder not detected

  • To: "Home automation" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] Camcorder not detected
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:09:48 +0100

Just to save someone going through the same pain I went past two
weeks...

I have JVC DV camcorder and when connected through iLink (firewire) it
was not detected.
However, it worked fine on my XP laptop.
I tried everything: re-installing software, drivers, using USB etc,
reshuffling PCI cards, but couldn't make it work on that workstation.
Yesterday, I opened machine and started going through similar excersise
again, pulling out the cards etc.
And I found at the end that it works when I unplug network cable
(although network card is still in the machine).
I tried various combinations with changing PCI card slots for network
card, but nothing helped, so I just put new network card, which I bought
>from
The new network card is Allied Telesyn.
And everything works fine now!

I have no idea why it didn't like the old card, probably network card
drivers.
Network card itself was working fine and I had no problems with network
connections.

I thought that it can help if someone runs into similar problems,
because googling and searching for help from manufacturers didn't help.

Cheers,

Nik