RE: Almost OT: Outlook Automation

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Almost OT: Outlook Automation
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:05:46 +0100

Rob,

You can certainly enable the out-of-office notification in Exchange
programmatically. I can't remember exactly what the setting is but I'll
try to find out. One of our systems handles user administration - when
you delete a user from the 'organisation', rather than deleting the
Exchange mailbox we turn on the out-of-office notification and disable
the account. One thing you'll need to do is have a user that has admin
access to the mailboxes - you can grant this at the site level.

Note that do to it programmatically, you do it in Exchange, not Outlook.
This actually makes it easier, because you can do it from anywhere on
the network.

Steve