Re: Compaq Fingerprint Readers

Nick Long wrote:
> now hooking those up WOULD be cool!
>
> any ideas about what you'd use them for and how? I was thiking of
getting a couple for my home network to save logging on. what sort of price
to they go for these days?

> Nick

Hi Nick,

Big Pockets were clearing them out at £20 each with the old v1 BioLogin
s/w [parallel port connection with no pass through and ps/2 w/pass
through for power]. A new one is in the region of £130+VAT upwards.
Personally I use a Cherry BioKeyboard which is USB connection with a 2
port hub, smart card reader/writer and siemens infeon finger scanner all
integrated. I won't tell you the price for that, and it's overkill for
most people anyway ;-)

--
Calum Morrell
www.drochaid.org