RE: OT : PDA recommendation

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT : PDA recommendation
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:21:51 +0100

I've just been through the same process

I've gone from PalmPilot to Handspring to an iPAQ. Then tried my Nokia for
while, but too fiddly. Wanted 802.11b so went for a Sharp Zaurus running
Linux with a DLink card, really good. But really wanted something with
802.11 on board, so sold that and went for a Palm Tungsten, its was ok but
v.poor 802.11 reception and the browser supplied was a bit buggy. Just sold
that today and have now done a full circle and am back with a PocketPC
based
Dell Axim X5 together with a CF 802.11b card.

Having tried out 3 operating systems in a month, i must admit the PocketPC
is best. I've also taken to reading E-Books and again PocketPC came out
best
with choice of MS Reader Palm Reader and Adobe all available on PocketPC.

Axim is one of the most competitively priced PDA's, the performance model
starts @ £243 inc VAT and is of yesterday supplied with PocketPC 2003 with
better browser facilities etc.

Dean.