From: ukha [mailto:ukha.jstarkie@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 1:47 PM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] XBox Media Player 2.4??? help / advice please

I wanted to connect my Xbox via a linksys router so I could access media
on my PC running on XP pro.

I have connected everything up via a linksys router and used FTP to
update media player and configured the config.xml file ok

I would like to be able to access media on the main PC but didn't really
want to install 3rd party software. I tried Relax and could only share
folder located on the route C:\music etc because it didn't seem to like
paths.

It did work with music and pictures but not videos.

Reading ones posts it looks like I should be using XNS or SMB Shares
this is the point where I start getting out of my depth.

I added a user called XBOX to XP pro in Admin tools / computer
management put some SMB settings in like this (password being the
password set for the account)

</share>
<share>
<name>Network (SMB)</name>
<url>smb://Xbox:password@mshome/MAINPC</url>
<cachesize>256</cachesize>
</share>

I ended up not seing any thing in the xbox Network (SMB)folder and
another user icon for Xbox when the PC fires up
?

Any ideas or pointers please

Thanks

Jason

** UKHA2004 BE THERE! ** - start planning now.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx