Re: DIN Rail connections

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DIN Rail connections
  • From: "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:46:33 -0000

Hi,

Din Rail mounting cabinets typically have a rail screwed in to the
back of the box where the module snaps on (they're spring loaded -
although the spring are not so strong - you'll need to clip a small
screwdriver under the spring to lift out again the din-module and
tilt it forward)

Safetywise you should alway mount a din module in a designated box
since they tend to warm up - so leave some space around the din units
when mounting them next to eachother on a rail. You could omit that
and have it loosely installed inside a wall socket if big enough but
I would not advise so since you're handling live wires.

rgds,
Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
wrote:
> Mark
>         the Consumer units usually (well here in Aussie) have din
rail mounted inside ..and the ld11,s are din rail mountable so should
mount directly into the consumer unit........

> .If so how
> >does that connect back.......
>
> Not sure what you mean here??
>
> Frank

Rail
>   modules. What I dont really understand is how the DIN Rail and
consumer
>   unit relate. Can someone shed some light please, is it a case of
Din