Re: OT? ADSL Customers

  • To: "Ukha_D (E-mail)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: OT? ADSL Customers
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:18:42 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Brian G. Reynolds wrote:

> in handy for potential ADSL customers: Line Length (They need to know
> how far you are from the exchange), you must be within 3.5km to pass
> for 1Mbps and 2Mbps products, and within 5.5km for the 512kbps

It is not so much the length of the line from the exchange but rather the
line loss and the signal to noise ratio that are important. We have 2Mb/s
ADSL and we are 5.5km from our exchange but our line loss is 42dB (max
45dB). We do have sync loss problem from time to time and we have called
out BT engineers on three occasions. They know how far we are from the
exchange but since our "Whoosh" and "Tempo" readings
are all within
limits, there is no recommendation to take the circuit away.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.