RE: UPS keeping your parcels safe

Of course, those of us with Comfort don't have this problem...

...No-one home, courier comes, rings the bell, - I speak to him/her on my
mobile...

...I tell courier no-one's in (that usually phases them a bit!), I ask
courier to try next door (and listen whilst he/she does so) - I can overhear
a conversation taking place on next door's doorstep...

...Courier tells me where he/she has left it.... (and if it's bin collection
day, I can make a point of telling the courier NOT to leave it in the
wheely-bin!)

simple!

Paul G.

>From: "Jenni Lowe" <jenni@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] UPS keeping your parcels safe
>Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:29:29 -0000
>

> > There was a mention of a signed receipt being left in the box so
> > the delivery person leaves the package and takes the receipt.
> >
> > Cant help thinking defeats the point in the first place.
> >
> > I suppose best thing is to get a wife or house keeper or something...
> >
> > B.
> >

>get a wife?
>*hard stare*
>
>we have all sorts of problems with delivery companies,
>the worst is when they drop something off at one of the other
>houses in the estate, and dont tell us.
>What happens then is, we call our supplier to complain that
>our goods havent been delivered, they get on to the courier,
>who phones us to say, oh, it was delivered 3 days ago next door.
>We go next door, who have, of course signed for it, causing us
>problems if there is damage or so on to the parcel, as it has
>been signed for, and not refused. I appreciate our neighbours
>trying to be helpful, but we have gone anything up to 5 days
>without goods because they have accepted deliveries and not told us.
>Personally, if neither of us are in, we prefer to go to the
>depot to collect, doesnt suit everyone, but I rather do that
>than go round all our neighbours!
>
>Jenni

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
HGTV Dream Home Giveaway