Re: MainLobby Ver 2.0

Hi Nik,

I do plan on adding a Socket Server which will allow for 2way
communication and some other really cool things.  You can control
other computer from MainLobby using Girder though.

Right now, there isn't a way to control MainLobby from a webpage, but
once the socket server is setup, that could change quickly.

Best,

Mario Cascio
Cinemar
http://www.cinemaronline.com

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@k...> wrote:
> Mario,
> Regarding wec accessibility, Jason probably thought of being able
to install
> MainLobby on the server and accessing it from other PC's via web
interface.
> That's the route all the software is taking. I would certainly
prefer it,
> then having to install local copy to each machine (if I understood
it
> right). That way you instantly get access from all your machines
with web
> browser, even remotely, from internet.
> And you need CM12 and other hardware installed on server only.
>
> Regards,
> Nik

So
>   there will be many more options to choose from in the future.
>
>   The license works per household unless it's commercial in
nature.  So
>   you can put it on each of your devices with one license.  If
>   commercial, it would be required for each machine ML runs on.
>
>   Regards,
>
>   Mario Cascio
>   Cinemar
>   http://www.cinemaronline.com
>

>   --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Jason Lee" <jasonjlee@n...> wrote:
>   > Mario,
>   >
>   > On the last update email I received, it suggested using
mainlobby
>   for
>   > pocket pc and pronto...
>   >
>   > How exactly is that done?
>   >
>   > and while i'm asking questions...
>   >
>   > Mainlobby is not web accessible at all is it?, or is that how
the
>   > pocketpc is done?
>   >
>   > I love the animation in the interface btw, nothing I've seen
looks
>   quite
>   > that good..
>   >
>   > Another question..
>   >
>   > Is the license per site,(IE running a slightly different
interface
>   on a
>   > fuji point 510 than the HTPC) or per machine? (In which case it
>   could
>   > get quite expensive)...
>   >
>   > TIA