-----Original Message-----
From: Pankaj Dhokia [mailto:pankaj@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 January 2003 14:33
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ukha_d] UPS keeping your parcels safe

> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=491
>
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=509
>
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=469
>
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=420

I made something similar to the boxes described in the links as a final year
project at uni. The idea was that when a courier wants to deposit a parcel,
they press a button on a control panel and that sends an email and SMS to a
number of registered users of that box. A web-cam starts recording data locally
and streaming via the web. The user is able to login to a control panel and see
the web-cam feed and unlock the box from a web interface or if they don't have
web access, unlock the box using SMS. Didn't get as far as implementing the SMS
but the infrastructure is their when I get round to updating it!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
HGTV Dream Home Giveaway