Re: OT Mail Problems

THANX FOR YOUR REPLY IAN, A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

> Something to consider when you get your ADSL:
>
> I have found the best trade-off with reliability/speed etc seems to
be to
> set your domain's primary MX record to your ADSL line's static IP
so, by
> default, email comes in to your SME Server's SMTP Server directly,
however,
> for reliability, you should set a Secondary, lower priority MX
record to
> point at your exisiting hoster..
>
> So, if your ADSL line is down for a bit/disconnected or your server
is
> powered off, your email should go to your hoster, and you can pick
up via
> POP3 whenever you com back online..

UNDERSTAND THE THEORY OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, I ASSUME I CONTACT
XCALIBRE ON THIS AND THEY WILL DO THE NECESSARY?? THE SUPPLIER OF THE
ADSL STILL HASN'T CONFIRMED IF IT WILL BE STATIC OR DYNAMIC IP CAN
THIS WORK IN CONJUNCTION WITH DYNDNS ETC??

> As for now, if outlook can't talk IMAP to your SME box, I'm
wondering, have
> you changed Outlook from Internet Email only to Corporate and
Workgroup? I
> seem to recall you had to do that to make it fly..

I WAS LOOKING LAST NIGHT FOR SOMETHING TO DO THIS BUT SOME REASON
HELP WAS KNACKERED, HOWEVER CHECKING ON MY WORK LAPTOP USING THE
MAGIC WORDS CORPORATE AND WORKGROUP TELLS ME HOW TO DO IT

> The other thing is, use a specifically internal name for your
server, like
> just "mail" rather than the Fully qualified domain name, it reduces
the risk
> of confusion, or wacky routing ;)

THE SME BOX HAS IT'S OWN SPECIFIC NAME (SMESERVER, PREDICTABLY :-))
WHICH CAN BE USED FOR INTERNAL ACCESS TO IT, HOWEVER IT ALSO HAS THE
FULLY QUALIFIED DOMAIN NAME SPECIFIED

CHEERS WILL HAVE PLAY WHEN I GET HOME THIS EVENING

PAUL

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/