OT Mail Problems

Hope somebody can help me here.

I have a Domain registered with Xcalibre which has several POP3
mailboxes and some webspace as part of a package.

I am in the process of trying to bring online an SME Server to act as
gateway and Network/Internet/Mail server and replace the Xcalibre
webspace

In previous discussions it has been suggested that I should keep the
POP3 account at Xcalibre and download from there to my SME box which
would then serve the email to the various different user names on my
lan.

Currently the SME box is only acting as a network server and mail
server as I am still waiting for my ADSL to be installed! In the
setup it is however setup with my domain name in it even though it
isn't visible to the web and there are no DNS servers pointing at it.

I can download mail to the server and check it's existence in
webmail, but cannot for the life of me get outlook to connect to the
IMAP server.

I have looked at all the obvious instructions on Mitel's website but
have drawn a blank.

Anyone got any ideas what is going wrong?? I have a feeling that
Outlook is getting confused between the mail server at Xcalibre
(mail.mydomain.co.uk) and the mail server on the SME box
(mail.mydomain.co.uk) how do I force outlook to look only within the
local network for the server on the SME box

Regards

Paul

P.s. ALso posted on e-smith

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor