RE: Re: OT: SETI

Graham,

Please don't confuse "setting up a UKHA team" with "supporting the UD
cancer research project".

For the record, I have been running the UD software for a while, and
have logged up 476 DAYS of CPU time across my PCs so far.

I had never seen the need to set up a UKHA team. However, once Tim set
one up, I was happy to join.

Apologies if you found the use of the word "care" offensive. No offense
was intended. Believe me, when I _intend_ to insult you, you'll know :-)

As for patents arising, they will NOT belong to "a large corporate".
They will belong to the University of Oxford, and be put to the purpose
of further research.

If we are taking the endorsement by UK charities as the benchmark of
whether a project is worth something, can you provide me with a list of
the UK Charities supporting SETI :-)

Deciding what an organisation should and should not endorse is a complex
matter, and the lack of an endorsement does not imply opposition. Mark
Harrison ltd. has never issued a press statement endorsing Linux -
doesn't mean that I'm opposed to it :-)

I'm not aware of any statement from any UK Charity saying "DON'T support
UD".

The material chice is not whether I run UD software or donate to a
charity. I can do both. The choice is between whether I run UD or SETI.

Finally,

Regards,

Mark