Re: Flickering lights... any thoughts?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Flickering lights... any thoughts?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:28:40 +0000

HaHa! - that happened to me, only the back of the halogen bulb actually
melted completely through the insulation on the cable and allowed the cores
to touch... result: - the LD11 fuse blew every time I brightened the lights
up to above about 10%. - Amusingly, they would continue to work OK if I kept
them *really* dim!

Paul G.

>From: "Alancc" <alan.cc@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Flickering lights... any thoughts?
>Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:40:40 -0000
>
>I had this in the kitchen with 8 20w downlighters, changed the lamp in the
>one that flickered the most but it still done it, when I checked the
>connections between the heat resistant cable from the fitting to the supply
>cable the connector was not tight and had been burning, this was making all
>the other lamps flicker as well.
>
>HTH
>
>Alancc

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor