Re: MainLobby Ver 2.0

Hi all
I have just caught up with the MainLobby discussion and while I
think Paul's write up is fair and the software should be regarded as
a work in progress, for me, the product has been relatively useful.
I have had a few email exchanges with Mario Cascio(the author), he
has been very helpful and has given a large list of features and
fixes so it may well be worth following the development of the whole
Lobby suite of products.
I am using my copy (registered)to control some X10 and IR through
Slink-e and my CM12. Unfortunately, the CM12 is not available to
HomeSeer when slink-e is using it.
I run it over a wirless lan using the slik-e server running on my HA
pc (also controls my 2 x 400 disc cd sony changers over DCOM). This
means  that I can bring up MainLobby on little sony vaio - which I use for surfing on the sofa or in bed - to also control Tivo, sky+,
lights, CDJ playlist, or even just wmp through a command line script
to start and load different palylists.
The really attractive feature for me is the visually pleasing
panels, but i do find the whole "layer" thing a bit confusing and=
difficult to use for getting the software to navigate from panel to
panel. I does look great on a plasma and using it from my wireless
logitech keyboard I can get tivo like front end for my pc based
media.
As far as the Progrear thing goes, I have seen them regularly on
ebay (arround =A3600 for win 98 versions). But I am going to wait and
see how the viewsonic wireless screen thing pans out. IMO they may
be ideal devices for MainLobby and similar front ends.
I am a Girder novice but plan to learn more. The internet event
server feature looks particularly handy.

Keyvan R
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Lee" <yahoo@v...> wrote: > >Excuse my complete ignorance, but what is a Progear?

> It's a Tablet PC type thing... Like the Fuji's that most of us
have, but
> newer/faster, and sadly just as discontinued.
>
> >(and do I want one?)
>
> Oh Yes. But they are bit difficult to come by.
>
> http://www.mira2go.com/

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
=3D"HGTV
3D""