Re: XBox - was Windows XP Media Center Edition Review

Des Gibbons wrote:

> To give you an idea of whats possible, I will give you the spec of the xbox,
> and let your imagination work out the rest ;)
>
> Celeron 733 cpu
> 64 Megs of ram
> 8/10 gig hdd
> TV-out
> Optional VGA out
> Optional RGB out
> Optional Optical out
> Built in 10/100 full duplex port

I am confused. I am not a gamer, so I don't know much about this, but I
had always been led to believe that you need a high-spec PC to run the
latest games. But the X-Box is supposed to be the mutt's nuts gaming
box, and the above spec. is _very_ basic compared to modern PCs. If the
X-Box is basically a PC, how come it performs so much better on games
than an equivalent or superior PC?

Cheers,

Bruno Prior

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor