RE: MainLobby Ver 2.0

Strangely enough, I looked at mainlobby again a few days ago. Took a
first look when it was originally posted on avsforum.

I'm pretty sure its actually a flash/director app. quite clever, but has
a couple of drawbacks, as has already been pointed out.

Also, even though the last email I received suggested using it for
pocketpc, I can't see how to for the life of me.

Graphics are nice though.

Girder, on the other hand, which I've been using for years, is very very
good.

I'm just looking at building a web based front end for it.. as soon as I
have my bloody accounts finalised with my accountant before the
government starts dishing out fines..

So hopefully have something lashed together by the weekend, that can
show devices status/control on a web page thru girder. And make it
browser/screen sensitive, so it works on anything web capable...(sony
p800, fuji, notebook,pocketpc, pc's...)

Autom8it can nearly do the x10 control that I need thru a web page, but
I don't want to sit writing drivers that already exist in girder, for a
closed source system.

If you ask me, its a little cheeky in this day and age to ask people to
write plugins (work for you for free) if you then charge for the system.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
HGTV Dream Home Giveaway