RE: SliMP3 or Audiotron owners wanting display capability

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: SliMP3 or Audiotron owners wanting display capability
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:31:23 -0000

So I currently access my MP3 server (160Gb drive sits in a Windows 2K serve= r) via PCAnywhere and/or MediaPlayer 9. I've tried other progs such as WinA= mp etc. All take a while to read in the files (as expected) and when loadin= g for a subsequent time, can take a while to become responsive (i.e. browsi= ng the list). I've got a CL SB Live card in the server  to give a fair= ly good output.

I've not tried anything clever yet - I want to be able to access songs via = a variety of ways (local PC in several rooms etc). I've got a multi-room, m= ulti-source system installed in the house but no control of the MP3 server = yet (the wall controllers are basically learning remotes with IR dist built= in - Kustom KHS6640).

Would a SLiMP3 help in any way? I guess their big advantage is the display.=

Paul.